Thursday, August 29, 2013

ABC

Today Zelda asked to do some home preschool like Hanna (her second cousin). Yesterday we had looked at their blog and saw pictures of Hanna doing some school work.
So... Today I had to think of something without doing a lot of prep work. We started working in her preschool colouring activity book practicing writing skills but her attention span for those type of activities is very limited. I then tried to have them "write" in some colour rice but that was also short lived. So I promised her we would do something after quiet time. 
We ended up taking our foam letter puzzle and putting it on the kitchen floor (which we spent the morning trying to clean) and I asked her to walk along the puzzle and tell me what she was standing on. I was trying to figure out how many of them she already knew. I was surprised at the amount she did. I would have loved to write down the ones she knew but things like that are harder when you have a little brother trying to "help" I think she knows about 2/3s of her Capital letters. 
Over all we had a fun spontaneous preschool lesson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment